Studies and research have shown that doing facial exercises regularly can actually make you look as much as three years younger, giving you fuller and firmer upper and lower cheeks. The researchers say that regular facial exercises have the potential of strengthening the muscles, leading to a more youthful appearance. There are several facial exercises that act on the muscles of the face as well as the layers of skin, thereby increasing the blood circulation. They can essentially help in reducing lines and wrinkles, and result in a youthful looking skin. In fact, these exercises are easier and safer alternatives to cosmetic therapies or Botox injections.
Here are some facial exercises you can try for yourself –
- The V – Press both middle fingers together at the inner corner of the eyebrows, then with the index fingers, apply pressure to the outer corners of the eyebrows. Look to the ceiling, and lift the skin below the eyes upwards into a strong squint, and then relax. Repeat six more times and finish by squeezing your eyes shut tightly for 10 seconds.
- The Smile Smoother – Make an ‘O’ shape with the mouth, hiding your teeth with your lips. Smile widely while keeping the teeth hidden and repeat six times. Next, hold the smile shape while placing one index finger on the chin. Then start to move the jaw up and down as the head tilts gently back. Relax and repeat twice more.
- Smooth the brow – Place both hands on the forehead facing inwards and spread all of the fingers out between the eyebrows and hairline. Gently sweep the fingers outwards across the forehead, applying light pressure to tighten the skin. Relax and repeat 10 times.
- The flirty eyes – Place an index finger under each eye, pointing towards the nose. Hide the teeth and form an ‘o’ with your mouth. Flutter the upper eyelids while gazing at the ceiling for 30 seconds.
- The giraffe – Looking straight ahead, place the finger tips at the bottom of the neck andlightly stroke the skin downwards with the head tilted back. Bring the head back down to the chest and repeat twice more. Finally, jut the lower lip out as far as possible to pull the corners of the mouth down. Place your fingertips on the collarbone with the chin pointed upwards. Hold for four deep breaths.
Including Face Fitness in Your Daily Routine:-
For observable effects, try doing these face exercises three times a week at the very least. Combine for all encompassing skin regeneration with a regular skincare regimen and a healthy lifestyle. For maximum advantages, make sure you drink plenty of water, get enough sleep, and shield your skin from external stresses.
Accept the transformational potential of face workouts to breathe new life into your skincare regimen. With these easy-to-use yet powerful treatments, you may open the spring of youth and allow your glowing skin to mirror your inner everlasting beauty.